|Aaron Family Late 1800's and Early 1900's - Cullman and Winston Counties, Alabama
|John Aaron and 2nd wife Nancy Jane Abbott Busby Aaron "Grandma Aaron"
|John Aaron b. 2/22/1874 in Walker County, AL d. 5/25/1942 in Winston Co. Charlie Aaron, son of John signed his death certificate and was living in Hollywood, FL
at the time of his father's death. John Aaron is buried at Crane Hill, Cullman County, AL.
|If anyone has any information to add or correct to any of these Aaron ancestors or descendants,
please feel free to e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
|Samuel Buel Aaron, now deceased, had extensive research on Richard Aaron Decendants. This information is still available on the internet, but, I have found no
connection yet with our John Aaron.
John Aaron born on February 22, 1874 (WWII draft card has John Aaron's date of birth as February 21, 1876) in Walker County, Alabama, married Dochia Abigail
Hambrick born January 6, 1879 and died June 26, 1916. John and Dochia Hambrick Aaron had the following children:
1. William "Pete" Henry Aaron born January 4, 1899 died June 13, 1941. Henry married Vandella Morrow born October 13, 1904 died May 15, 1985. Vandella
was the daughter of Thomas and Arncinda Morrow.
2. Fannie Jane Aaron was born on March 22, 1900 in Walker County and died December 10, 1972. Fannie married James "Jim" Ervin Bishop and had the following
` i. Christine b. 9/15/1921 d. 11/20/1939
ii. Dorothy b. 8/21/1923 d. 12/4/1995 m. 8/26/1939 to John Hamilton "Hamp" Gilliland b. 11/27/1919 d. 6/17/1973. Children Jack Gilliland m. Sallie Nichols, Wayne
Gilliland m. Vernell and has dau Charlotte, Larry Gilliland m. Shirley Tucker - children Christi and Jenny, Billy Gilliland m. Denise 11/26/1976 two children Jessica
Aaron Gilliland and Patrick Shane Gilliland. Jessica m. Shawn Michael Phillips on 4/13/2002. Patrick m. Gina Nichole Kerklin July 16, 2005.
iii. Odis Bishop b. 5/18/1926 m. 3/24/1945 Mavinee Hamrick b. 8/27/1925, sons, Odis Paul Bishop, James Ellis "Hezie" Bishop, dau Susan Bishop Shadix and Julia
iv. Billy Bishop b. 2/13/1929 d. 4/6/1947
v. Annie Mae Bishop b. 1/29/1932 m. Martin Horsley son Lance Horsley. Sons Harold Lee, Jerry Harrelson b. 12/29/1955 in Hollywood, FL m. on 9/12/1980 to
Polly Hennessey b.12/2/1955 in Sheffield, AL -children Melissa Grace Harrelson b. 3/1/1984 in Heidelberg, Ger. and Ann Maria Harrelson b. 3/22/1986 at Ft.
Campbell, TN. Annie Mae m. Earl Brumley b.3/7/1933 d. 9/8/1995 son Earl Brumley, their children Earline b. 5/29/1962 d. 7/16/1963, Arlene Brumley
vi. Roger Bishop b. 10/28/1933 d. 5/12/1997 married 3/25/1955 Sarah Byrd. Children: Randy Bishop married Kathy. Their children are Majesta, Miranda and Jason
Bishop. Sandy Bishop married Hale.
3. Charlie Samuel Aaron b. died of black lung m. Netha "Neethie" Glaze b. d. children (1) Bobby Ruth b. 1/28/1937 at Arley, AL m. Elton "Toby" Edward
Robbins - children Wanda Sue, Penny Jean, Johnny Lynn and Donna; Bobby Ruth's 2nd m. Frank Lodge - dau. Cindy (2) William "Bill" Ernest b. 12/5/1940 Miami,
FL. (3) Eunice Azzilee b. 10/25/1938 Arley, AL died and (4) Charles Edward b. 4/24/1943 Parrish, AL died - married unk. - children Charles Edward, Jr., Randall
"Randy" and Dennis Aaron b. 3/13/1966.
4. Sarah Ann Aaron b. 5/3/1901 d. 1/16/1970 m. Riley Abbott b. 10/14/1899 d. 8/1970 children (1). Alvin Abbott b. 11/4/1920 d. 5/3/1999 Alvin Abbott m. Winnie
Hill b. 1931 d. 3/22/2000 - children Larry and John C. Abbott (2). Hazel Abbott b. 6/22/1922 in Winston Co. died 2005 (3). Doyle Abbott b. 5/11/1926 (4). Loyal
Abbott b. 10/11/1929 died 2005 (5). Arnold "Cooter" Abbott b. 4/10/1937 (6/7). Twins Bobby (Bobby died as infant) and Betty Faye Abbott b. 1/21/1941 m. Bob
5. Caroline Aaron b. 8/20/1902 d. 1/1984 m. Albert Marion b.9/26/1897 d. 2/1968 Children Grady Cecil Marion b.1/10/1920 d.12/25/1992, J.B., Harlis, Rubie,
Marynette, Doris, Margie, Aline, Gladius, Shirley Ann Faye "Toots", and Gary Marion.
6. Maude Aaron b.d.unknown buried in Sweetwater, Tx. died as infant.
7. B. Dollie Aaron b. 3/3/1906 TX d. 12/23/1982 m-1. _______ Hill, children, Johnny, Jack, Bertha, Willie, Winnie, Minnie - Minnie Hill m. Wallace Cook children
Michael, Jane, Penny (Penny m. Travis Pilgrim) Dollie's 2nd m. Lee A. Freeman b. 2/8/1905 d. 1/2/1983 children, Lavonia m. Clyde Gillott and Eloise m. James Gillott.
8. Cynthia Aaron b. 1908 AL m. William Guy Williams b.1903 d. 1956 (his father Judge Thomas Williams and mother Docia E. Aaron) children Vance Williams,
John Thomas Williams. Vance married Maxine unk. and children Tommy, Eddie and Rita Williams. Rita married Dale L. Stephens.
9. George W. Aaron b.9/25/1909 d. 10/3/1935 never married. George was killed in a sawmill accident.
10. Estelle Aaron m. "Rip" Williams - children son, Buddy, daug. Bitty and dau. Daisy,
11. Martha Evelyn Aaron b. 12/20/1912 AL d. 8/14/1981 m. on 7/18/1930 to Gladston "Dick" Robertson b.4/30/1911, one son Talmadge John Robertson married
Helen Landis about 1950, their children Jeannette Anne Robertson, Steven John Robertson, Michael Allen Robertson and Richard Bruce Robertson b. 25 March 1957
in Florida, died 1983.
12. Adelle Aaron b. 5/27/1916 d. 3/15/1989 m. Girlus Glenn Key b. Sept. 25, 1910 d. May 4, 1976 Girlus was the son of Joseph Clifton Key and Vader. Girlus had
brothers named Hardie, Arbrey, sister Annie Mae and brother Norman Key) children
1. Joanne m. Joe Henderson dau. i. Deborah m. Lowell Hadder two children Adam Lowell and Amanda Kay ii. Cathy m1st Graham children Heath Graham and
Haley Graham Cathy m.2 Billy Bush one child Allen Joseph "A.J." Bush.
2. Doris m. Junior Phillips one son William "Bill" Glenn Phillips m. Julie, step-son Atlas Hough, Bill and Julie a son Chad William Phillips b. 1/12/1991.
My father, Lovern Busby born 7/6/1911, was raised by his mother, Nancy Jane Abbott Busby Aaron b. 7/9/1886. d. 12/27/1974, and John Aaron "the old man" as my
uncles and dad called him. John Aaron had been married and had a whole string of "younguns" and a two month old baby girl when he married my grandmother on
7/29/1916. Grandmother told me that she and Dochia, John's wife were good friends and on her death bed she ask my grandmother to marry John and raise her
younger children and baby girl. That my grandmother did! She and "the old man" had a whole string of "younguns" too. See them on the next page.